Monday 16 June 2014

Misty morning walks

It's been too long since I went for a walk.  I've been so busy with things that I haven't allowed myself a couple of hours to just go wandering.  

I've been awake since 1AM and while it is catching up with me and I may well have an afternoon nap it was worth it for my walk.  I left home at 4:30AM leaving a note on Jo's desk to ring my mobile if I wasn't home by 7.  I trotted down the road as the sun rose, enjoying the feeling of solitude offered by the thick mist.  I could see perhaps 20m and it was lovely!

We've just finished having road resurfacing works costing the council a whopping £1.2million and while I've heard good reports of some roads being great, it was just an extra layer to the road.  The potholes are already returning and some new holes are also appearing:

 photo HoleyRoad_zpse1054a0b.jpg

I'm not complaining though.  I very much appreciate the council's efforts and it's certainly easier to walk on.

So, my walk.  Lovely.  Recharged my soul and cleared my mind.  This is good because I've not had the best week so it was nice to come home and feel good.

The mist (which has redescended with a gurt grey cloud!) really does make you forget there's anyone else on the island, especially when most are in bed:

 photo GoodMorningMist_zps5d25eea5.jpg

I might have forgotten that dew soaked grass is wet:
 photo GoodWalk_zps9c19718e.jpg

But it was such a wonderful walk!

If you're awake at Silly AM and it's light enough to see, go for a walk.  Even if it's only 10 minutes you'll enjoy it.

I shall leave you with an orchid:
 photo Orchid_zps4ab09110.jpg

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment